Thursday, October 17, 2013

Welcome to my life...

It has started!  Construction a la Hillman is underway.  So much for nesting for a few more weeks...



Here is the back room that used to have two entrances: one through the baby's room (directly to the left, the framed will be walled in in a few days) and the other through our bedroom (upper left of the picture).  Today, there is only one entrance to this room and it's through a hallway! Woo hoo!  

This is taken from the back room looking into our room.  The right side (of the left picture) is our room that will soon be a wall.  The left side is the new hallway that will lead out into the house. (There used to be a sliding glass door here that we had disguised with curtains for the past two years.) The two will be joined by a pocket door that can shut off the back room when we have guests but will be open 99% of the time. The door at the end of this hall is my closet Yes, my closet will be in the hall but it's worth the payoff of having a door to shut at night and guests who don't have to walk through our room anymore.  I'm a happy girl! PLUS, they are putting a light just over the closet doors so I can actually see my clothes! Woo hoo!


The best part of this picture!? That ugly, disgusting light fixture that some people call a "chandelier" is gone!!  Ok, ok, the wall is down and that's pretty exciting too!  I always felt like I was in a shoe box when in the kitchen.  There was maybe enough room for two people but never a good space for Daniel to hang out with me while I got dinner ready.  Soon, we'll have a bar top with stools where anyone can hang out.  Most importantly, next summer I can see a baby crawling around the dining room and even feed a baby in a highchair while being in the kitchen cooking dinner.  So excited about this! Unfortunately, the pink is still there.  This is a job for the next remodel.  Until then, the pink pink pink has to stay!

And finally, the piece de resistance!

Ug, not this...


This!!!
No more weeds, no more thorns, no more dirt, no more wiping dogs paws, no more embarrassing backyard Bar-B-Ques, no more feeling badly for the neighbors who have to look at our ugly lawn anymore! We also had two trees cut down and are making a dog run along the side of the house--no more dog poop zone in the back of the yard! To top it off, this is the very same sod that was laid at Coors Field this week--so, not only do we have grass, we have baseball grass!  Cannot wait for next summer!

The baby this week is the size of a cucumber.  Yes.  I had the same thought.  How the heck do you hold a cucumber and equate that to a baby? I'm not sure,  but I thought I'd pass the info along anyway!

30 weeks, 3 days















No comments:

Post a Comment