Thursday, October 31, 2013

Changes...


Well, here we are, the home stretch...7 weeks, 3 days and counting.  Some interesting changes have happened over the course of the last few weeks.  Here they are in no particular order...

1. I am sleeping great. I am comfortable, fall asleep quickly and basically sleep walk to the bathroom 4ish times a night.  The problem? I have become a super snorer and Daniel is about to smother me with his pillow every night.   Here's what "they" say causes snoring:

  • Swollen nasal passages may be at least partly to blame for your midnight melodies. Higher levels of estrogen during pregnancy contribute to swelling in the mucous membranes lining the nose and can even cause you to make more mucus.
  • The amount of blood in your body increases when you're pregnant and your blood vessels expand, which can lead to swollen nasal membranes.
  • Regardless the reason, I am now a walking ad for Breath Right Strips.  Daniel basically insisted that I try them and he thinks that maybe they are working.  Glasses and snore strips, I'm one hot bed time mama!


    2. A few weeks ago I started having trouble taking my rings off.  I figured that I'd just suffer though them being a little tight for the next 8 weeks.  It's wasn't until I went to book club last week and someone told me that her friend had to get both her rings cut off because she couldn't get them off anymore, that I changed my mind.  I made Daniel re-propose in Target with this fancy fancy CZ that's one size bigger.  Oooh baby, so romantic. 


    3. Ok, I know, I have to gain weight.  It's good for the baby, yadda yadda.  The baby weighs 4 lbs 12 oz today (and is in the 75-90% for size!), the amniotic fluid, blood, boobs etc. all add to weight gain yadda yadda but I now officially weigh more than my husband.  Gross. Me. Out. The. Door. Fortunately, I have the best husband on the planet and he's so supportive of the weight gain.  He reminds me that I'm growing a perfect baby and that I'm beautiful every day.  This is a bit of an over exaggeration, but on a bad day, this is how I feel. Hahaha!


    While we're talking about changes....the house is FINISHED!!!  It is amazing how cozy and perfect it feels now that it has a flow that works for us.  It looks so wonderful and I love every single part of it.  I'll post pictures after we get home from Houston of the finale.  This huge bag of old house is out on the lawn tonight.  Let the nesting begin!


    I also had Baby Shower #1 last weekend hosted by Meg, Audrey and Jules.  It was great to be with good girl friends and come home with some goodies for Bubba.  Next weekend the nursery will be painted, furniture will be bought and we can start putting all his gifts away.  I can't wait!



    No comments:

    Post a Comment